Do you find yourself feeling down in winter? You are not alone. Many people feel their moods drop with the temperature. It’s called the winter blues!
What are the winter blues?
The winter blues are a wave of low emotions that come with these cold winter days.
Some ways to improve your mood in winter
- Bathe in sunlight
- Do more physical activities
- Keep a regular sleep schedule
- Spend more time on self-care
To help you better understand your mental health, the Calgary Public Library will host an online workshop on Jan. 21, 7 – 8:30 p.m. which is entitled
Self-Care and the Winter Blues
You will learn about:
- seasonal depression
- the stigma surrounding mental illness
- available treatment options
- practical solutions to resilience, mental well-being, and happiness.
Register here as soon as possible: https://calgarylibrary.ca/events-and-programs/programs/self-care-and-the-winter-blues/
Word of the Day:Blues: feelings of sadness