Frozen water pipes are a common but preventable phenomenon in many Canadian cities. Those live close to rivers and in older communities are most at risk.
To help protect your home from frozen pipe, take the following actions:
- Check in unheated areas where water lines are located, e.g. basements, garages, etc.
- Repair broken windows and doors.
- Consider insulating water pipes, including both hot and cold pipes.
- Keep your heater on at least 15 Celsius degrees.
- Winterize outside faucets and garden hoses.
- Regularly run water in your pipes.
Word of the Day:Insulate: to protect by preventing the loss of heat