Have you considered donating blood?
Yes, one hour of your time could save someone’s life!
Blood and blood products are a critical part of everyday medical care including
- major surgeries
- medical procedures
- cancer treatments
- managing diseases and disorders
Blood donors form a vital link in Canada’s lifeline, helping many Canadians wake up healthy each day.
Canada Blood Services is an essential service and is open during the pandemic. Blood donation is essential to protect our most vulnerable community members. Please consider making a donation.
If you are interested to become a donor, visit the links below for more information:
- A short summary of what happens before, during and after donating blood: What you must know to donate blood
- A list of reasons why you may not be eligible to donate your blood: Eligibility to donating blood
- Enter a donation type (blood or plasma) and find a donor centre near you: https://myaccount.blood.ca/en
- Donating blood during COVID-19: COVID-19 Information
Word of the DayPlasma: as the largest part of your blood, it’s a light yellow liquid that delivers nutrients & proteins to other parts of your body.