Welcome to today’s Residential Recycling & Disposal Info for Newcomers!
We are in the middle of a pandemic and inevitably we produce COVID-19 infected waste, such as used masks and gloves.
Are used masks and gloves recyclable?
- The answer is no. Dispose of used masks and gloves into your back cart. They are considered garbage.
- Learnt more about the differences among Black Cart, Blue Cart & Green Cart.
All types of used masks and gloves are treated as garbage, including but not limited to
- Rubber gloves, latex gloves, plastic gloves, etc.
- N95 masks, surgical masks, cotton masks, knitted masks, etc.
- Effectiveness of Different Masks at Stopping COVID-19 Droplets
- How to Dispose of Masks Responsibly
- How to care & clean fabric masks
The City of Calgary has a residential recycling and disposal search tool. Check out the “What Goes Where” list here: https://www.calgary.ca/uep/wrs/what-goes-where/a-to-z-listing.html#P