The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, has recently announced the second instalment of the Safe Return to Class Fund, which will make sure our kids and their teachers have what they need to stay safe during this tough school year.
The second instalment of up to $1 billion is provided to the provinces and territories to be used for
- supporting adapted learning spaces and remote learning
- improving air ventilation
- increasing hand sanitation and hygiene
- purchasing personal protective equipment and cleaning supplies
- providing health and safety training for staff.
Word of the Day:Instalment: a sum of money as one of several payments for something. This word is also spelt with double “l” — “installment”.