Welcome to Newcomer LearningHub! In this short video, let’s learn about: filing personal income tax returns in Canada!
Topics covered in this video include:
- Why do we pay income tax?
- What are the benefits of paying income tax?
- Who are required to pay income tax?
- What documents and receipts should you prepare before hand?
- Where to get free support for filing your income tax?
Special note: If you’ve recently moved, please inform your employer, financial institution, and the government as soon as possible.
Prepare the income information documents that apply to your situation :
- T4 – Employment Earnings
- T4E – Employment Insurance, Covid-19 Benefits
- T4A – Education Support, Seniors Pension, Covid-19 Benefits, Scholarships
- T5007 – Social Services, Provincial Supplements, Government Sponsorships, Workers Compensation Board
- T5 or T3 – Bank/Investment, etc.
Gather Official Tax Receipts for tax deduction:
- Medical Expenses: Official Tax Receipts from pharmacies, medical offices
- Donations: Official Tax Receipts only
- Childcare receipts bearing the organization names and their addresses
- RRSP Contributions: Official receipts from your financial institution
- Tuition: T2202 slip from your school student account
Free Income Tax Clinic for eligible newcomers:
- Contact us today to get your tax done by one of our Community Income Tax Volunteers! https://settlementcalgary.com/isc-welcome/