Students are important partners in Alberta’s education system and student voices should play a role in shaping it. The Minister’s Youth Council gives students opportunities to share input and perspectives on provincial programs and initiatives.
The Minister’s Youth Council is now seeking 40 members for the 2021-22 school year.
Youth council members will
- share diverse perspectives with the minister
- build positive working relationships
- provide input on education initiatives
- participate in leadership opportunities.
To be eligible, you should be
- an Alberta junior or senior high school student
- between the ages of 14 and 19 as of September 1, 2021
- passionate about education
Application deadline is March 24, 2021. The application package requires consent from your parent or guardian.
Council members serve a 10-month term from September 2021 to June 2022 and meet with the Minister of Education and staff three times (virtually, when COVID-19 precautions are in place) during the school year.
Apply here: https://www.alberta.ca/student-engagement.aspx
Word of the Day:Consent: permission, agreement