In early February, the Canadian government announced stricter border measures and new restrictions to international travel to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and its variants in Canada.
Air travellers must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test taken up to 72 hours before their scheduled departure time. As of February 21, 2021, at 11:59 pm ET, travellers, unless exempted, will also be required to:
- reserve a government-authorized hotel for 3 nights prior to departure to Canada;
- take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival in Canada and stay in the government-authorized hotel while awaiting its results;
- pay for the cost of the hotel stay, food, transportation, etc. and present proof of having reserved and pre-paid for their accommodation through ArriveCAN.
- complete the remainder of the mandatory 14-day quarantine after their mandatory hotel stopover.
List of government-authorized hotels:
Alberta: Calgary International Airport (YYC)
How to book?
Bookings can’t be made directly with the hotel. Hotel stopover bookings are managed by GB Travel Canada Inc., and are available by phone only. If your flight to Canada is scheduled within the next 48 hours, call to reserve and pay for your mandatory 3-night hotel stopover:
- 1-800-294-8253 (toll-free within North America)
- 1-613-830-2992 (collect outside of North America)
- Hours of operation: 8 am to 11 pm ET, 7 days a week.
Word of the Day:Collect: referring to a collect call. A collect call is a type of phone call. When you make a collect call, you (the calling party) are making the call at the called party’s expense, so you don’t end up paying for the call.
COVID-19 Information for Those Required to Isolate/Quarantine in A Hotel (updated by the Alberta Government in Feb 2021):