In Canada, personal income tax returns are filed once a year. We are right in the middle of the 2021 tax season.
At the beginning of each year, we prepare to file tax returns for the previous calendar year. So, in the 2021 tax season, we file tax returns for the year of 2020.
Note down the following filing and payment due dates:
Filing dates for 2020 taxes
- Feb 22, 2021: Earliest you can file online
- Mar 1, 2021: Deadline to contribute to a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), Pooled Registered Pension Plan (PRPP), or Specified Pension Plan (SPP).
- Apr 30, 2021: Deadline to file your taxes
- Jun 15, 2021: Deadline to file your taxes if you or your spouse or common-law partner are self-employed
Payment date for 2020 taxes
- Apr 30, 2021: Deadline to pay your taxes
Free Income Tax Clinic for eligible newcomers:
- Contact us today to get your tax done by one of our Community Income Tax Volunteers! https://settlementcalgary.com/isc-welcome/
Word of the Day:To pool: “to pool” is when two or more parties put money into a common fund