Where do you get your tax slips?
Tax slips are prepared by your employer, your pension providers or financial institutions. If you’ve lost a slip or haven’t received one, ask your employer/payer for it.
- For COVID-19 benefits recipients, you will receive a T4A (for benefits issued by the CRA) and/or a T4E (for benefits issued by Service Canada) tax slip in the mail with the information to enter on your return.
- Registering for My Account may give you access to copies of your tax slips online.
- If you’re still missing information, you can use pay stubs and statements to estimate the amount of income to use when completing your income tax and benefit return.
- To avoid penalties and interest, file your return by the due date.
Free Income Tax Clinic for eligible newcomers:
- Contact us today to get your tax done by one of our Community Income Tax Volunteers! https://settlementcalgary.com/isc-welcome/