The Alberta government is providing the Working Parents Benefit, a one-time payment of $561 per child.
The application for the Working Parents Benefit opens by region from March 1 to 5.
Some Southern Alberta cities and towns will open for application starting March 1.
Eligible families residing in Calgary, Edmonton and Airdrie can apply:
- Airdrie: March 3
- Edmonton metro area: March 4
- Calgary metro area: March 5
You may be eligible to apply if:
- your household income was $100,000 or less in the 2020 tax year
- you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident living in Alberta
- you are the parent (or legal guardian) of a child born on or after February 29, 2008
- you paid $561 per child or more for 3 months of child care between April 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 (receipts required) because you were working or attending school
Applications close March 31, 2021.
- More information and to apply: https://www.alberta.ca/working-parents-benefit.aspx