Welcome to today’s Residential Recycling & Disposal Info for Newcomers!
Where should we place used makeup and cosmetics?
Old and used makeup cases, tubes and cosmetics containers belong your black cart as garbage:
- Eyeshadow and eyebrow palettes
- Lip gloss
- Mascara tubes
- Eyeliner and brow pencils
- Makeup brushes and applicators
Note that brand-new (100% unused and untouched) cosmetics, skin care and personal care products can be donated to Making Changes Association.
- Your donation helps teen girls feel confident and empowered!
- Check out their donation information here: Donation Info — Making Changes (makingchangesassociation.ca)
Nail polish and nail polish remover
- These are toxic and flammable, therefore they are considered household hazardous waste.
- Must be dropped off at designated fire hall or City landfill Throw ‘n’ Go area.
Learn about different carts here:
The City of Calgary has a residential recycling and disposal search tool. Check out the “What Goes Where” list here: https://www.calgary.ca/uep/wrs/what-goes-where/a-to-z-listing.html#P