“Expanding the Case Processing Center in Sydney will help us reunite families and process more applications, …”— The Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Canada’s Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC)
To process more applications and reunite families faster, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) is expanding its Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, including
- the addition of new office space, and
- the hiring of 62 new employees
The added resources will be primarily dedicated to family class overseas applications, helping IRCC
- process more applications, and
- shorten processing times that have been extended during the pandemic.
* Information provided in this post is based on IRCC’s official news release on March 5, 2021: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/03/immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-canada-expanding-sydney-office-to-reunite-families-and-improve-processing.html