Since March 1, Alberta has entered Step 2 of Alberta’s Path Forward to further ease public health restrictions.
Starting March 8, Alberta has further expanded the restrictions changes under Step 2, allowing Albertans to enjoy reduced public health restrictions:
- Banquet halls, community halls, conference centres and hotels can now be open for all activities permitted under Step 1 and Step 2.
- All retail services and shopping malls must limit capacity to 25% of fire code occupancy, not including staff.
- Individuals or groups can now rehearse and perform in preparation for filming or live streaming a performance, provided they adhere to public health guidance.
- Step 1 restrictions around youth sports and recreation have been expanded to include members of college and university athletic programs.
* Strong measures remain in place to protect hospitals and limit the spread of COVID-19.
The information provided in this update is from the Alberta government’s official website: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx