Welcome to today’s Residential Recycling & Disposal Info for Newcomers!
Metal cans are used widely for food and beverage alike. Common items packed in metal cans include:
- Cookies & biscuits
- Sardine and tuna
- Beans, vegetables and soups
- Pet food for dogs or cats
Where do we place metal cans?
- Rinse and dry the cans before recycling;
- Place metal lids inside empty cans and squeeze the tops closed far enough to keep the lids from falling out;
- Place metal cans and lids in your blue carts or at a community recycling depot;
- You can leave the paper labels on metal cans when recycling them.
Learn about different carts here:
The City of Calgary has a residential recycling and disposal search tool. Check out the “What Goes Where” list here: https://www.calgary.ca/uep/wrs/what-goes-where/a-to-z-listing.html#P