Rapid tests will
- support screening programs to reduce the spread of COVID-19;
- prevent outbreaks at a wide range of businesses and sectors.
Thousands of additional rapid tests are being deployed to more businesses and service providers in Alberta:
- 325,000 tests to Suncor, Syncrude and CNRL
- 267,000 to long-term care, designated supportive living and hospice facilities
- 100,000 for a new pilot program offering rapid tests in schools
- 100,000 to rural and remote hospitals, assessment centres and other health care sites
- 76,000 to WestJet
- 56,000 to various other industries and groups across the province
Word of the Day:Hospice: a facility that provides care for a person with a serious or life-threatening illness.
* The information in this article is taken from the official news release of Alberta Government’s website on March 12, 2021: Nearly 1M rapid tests distributed across Alberta | alberta.ca