The government of Alberta has planned out the provincial vaccination program and stages.
- Visit https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx#phases to check out the phases and learn when it is your turn to get vaccinated!
Right now, we are at Phase 2A, which started on March 15, 2021. Albertans eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccines during Phase 2A include:
- Seniors born 1947 to 1956 (turning 65 to 74),
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) people born 1971 or earlier (turning 50+)
- Staff and residents of licensed seniors supportive living facilities not included in Phase 1.
If you belong to one of these groups, you can book in one of the following ways:
- Participating pharmacies (all eligible ages)
- AHS (online or 811) (all eligible ages)
- Living on-reserve or on-settlement: Book through your local clinic
- Living off-reserve or off-settlement: Book through a pharmacy or AHS (online or 811)
- Licensed seniors supportive living: Do not book, AHS will contact facilities directly
Have concerns? Learn about vaccine safety here: https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx#safety
* Information in this article is based on Alberta government’s official website on March 22, 2021: https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx