There are many different ways for you to legally immigrate to Canada. One of them is immigrating through the Express Entry (EE) system.
Express Entry, launched in 2015 by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), is the application process for skilled immigrants who want to settle in Canada permanently.
Express Entry manages applications for the following three economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
In the Express Entry system, candidates are ranked using a point-based Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Candidates who have successfully created an EE profile are included in the EE system, which is commonly known as the EE pool.
About every 2 weeks, IRCC emails out invitations to the top candidates in the EE pool to apply for permanent residence during rounds of invitations.
Here are some useful links from IRCC official website, if you are interested in immigrating to Canada through the Express Entry system:
- General information about the Express Entry system.
- Check out the Eligibility for Express Entry programs
- Learn more about how the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score is calculated.
- To calculate your own score before creating an EE profile, use IRCC’s calculator tool.
- Learn about Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC) system.
- Ready to get started? Register for and/or sign into your IRCC secure account.
- Check out the most recent Express Entry rounds of invitations.
- Check out previous rounds of invitations.
- Not qualified for Express Entry? Learn about other applications processes for immigrating to Canada.
*Information and URLs mentioned in this article are taken from the official website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on March 24, 2021.
Thinking that paying for an immigration consultant will speed up/guarantee approval for your application? That’s NOT true. Learn more in our previous post: Beware of Immigration Fraud – About Immigration Representatives.