The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is an immigration program that nominates people for permanent residence in Alberta. Successful applicants must either
- have skills to fill job shortages in Alberta, or
- be planning to buy or start a business in Alberta.
AINP applicants may be nominated in one of the programs available under these two main streams. Click below to learn more:
- Streams for workers: Alberta Opportunity Stream; Alberta Express Entry Stream
- Streams for entrepreneurs: International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream, Self-Employed Farmer Stream, or Foreign Graduate Start-Up Visa Stream
Getting nominated may play an essential role in your immigration journey!
- According to IRCC’s official website (IRCC = Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada), if you are a skilled worker and wish to immigrate to Canada, receiving a nomination from a province or territory may help you earn up to 600 points for your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores under the Express Entry system!
* Learn the basics of the Express Entry system here: Express Entry (EE) Useful Links
In the process, please beware of Immigration Fraud:
- Common Scams Aimed at Newcomers
- About Immigration Representatives
- Marriage Fraud
- Internet, Email and Telephone Scams
Word of the Day:Nominate: to put forward or propose (a candidate for something)