Alberta has launched a new road test system to ensure drivers have timely access to tests while keeping Alberta roads safe.
Since January 5, 2021, passenger vehicle road tests (Class 4-6) are delivered by private driver examiners through Alberta registry agents.
When you search about road tests in Alberta using a search engine, such as google, you may be provided with many links in the search result.
Make sure you land on the official website to book your road test!
To book a passenger vehicle road test (Class 4 – 6), follow the steps below:
- First, get an overview about Alberta’s driver’s road test and the new test model: https://www.alberta.ca/drivers-road-test.aspx
- To find a registry close to you, click on this link https://www.alberta.ca/lookup/book-passenger-vehicle-road-test.aspx
- Use the map to find a registry office near you that is offering road testing services. Follow the link to that registry’s website and complete the booking there.
Just landed in Calgary?
- There might be other procedures you need to go through before booking a road test.
- Watch our short animation video and learn How to Get a Driver’s Licence in Alberta!