The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance, the Honourable Chrystia Freeland, has recently introduced Bill C-25, providing an additional $7.2 billion to support
- urgent health care needs across Canada
- COVID-19 vaccine roll-out
- local infrastructure projects in Canadian cities and communities.
The proposed funding includes:
- $4 billion through the Canada Health Transfer to help provinces and territories address immediate health care system pressures.
- $1 billion as a one-time payment to the provinces and territories to ensure the COVID-19 vaccine roll-out continues to accelerate and keeps pace with growing supply, and does not encounter any delays.
- $2.2 billion to address short-term infrastructure priorities in municipalities and First Nations communities.
Word of the Day:Roll-out: the official introduction of a product
*Information above is taken from https://deputypm.canada.ca/en/news/news-releases/2021/03/25/government-announces-additional-pandemic-support-vaccines-health-care on March 26, 2021