March is Fraud Prevention Month. Today, as we wrap up the Fraud Prevention Month, let’s learn how to report immigration fraud.
Call the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Border Watch Toll-Free Line at 1-888-502-9060 to report:
- a marriage of convenience
- suspicious activity at the border
- a person who has given false information on any immigration application or
- a person wanted on an immigration warrant
To report a person who pretended to live in Canada to become a citizen or who hid information about their case in Canada,
- Call the Client Support Centre and choose the citizenship fraud tip option in our automated telephone system, or
- Send an email to IRCC.CitizenshipFraudTips-Fraudedecitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
To report Internet, email or telephone scams and fraud in Canada for yourself or someone you know,
- Contact the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.Toll-free: 1-888-495-8501
* Information in this article is taken from the official website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC):