The Occupational Health and Safety Code (OHS Code) ensures Alberta workplaces stay safe and healthy.
The OHS Code is being updated through the OHS Code review 2020-23 to
- keep pace with technological advances and new practices in modern workplaces
- align with recent changes to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHS Act) that will come into effect in fall 2021
What is the difference among the OHS Act, Regulation and Code? Glad you asked. According to LearnAlberta.ca:
- Act sets basic duties of employers and workers, and gives government the authority to establish and enforce rules
- Regulation addresses policy and administrative requirements
- Code provides the technical health and safety standards that must be followed, and contains different chapters on different health and safety topics
Your feedback is now needed!
- Check out the overview of the review process, proposed changes and fill out the online survey by May 10, 2021: https://www.alberta.ca/ohs-code-review-2020-23.aspx
Word of the Day:Align: to come together in agreement (with)
* Information in this article is based on the official website of the Alberta Government: https://www.alberta.ca/ohs-code-review-2020-23.aspx on March 31, 2021.