Are you living in Calgary and between the ages of 18 and 30? Y Mind can help you cope with stress and anxiety!
What is Y Mind?
- Y Mind is a mental wellness program for youth experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of anxiety and stress. Formal diagnosis of anxiety is NOT required.
- Y Mind is a FREE 7-week program provided in person or online, if required by health restrictions.
- Y Mind is funded by the Government of Alberta, developed and presented by YMCA Calgary and the Canadian Mental Health Association Calgary.
Y Mind is organized for two age groups:
- Teens (13-18 years of age)
- Young adults (18-30 years of age)
What will you learn from Y Mind?
- What anxiety is and why our body and mind respond the way they do.
- Evidence-based strategies to more effectively cope with stress and anxiety.
After the program, you will be equipped with tools to help you
- connect with the present moment
- acknowledge and make room for difficult feelings
- defuse unhelpful thoughts
- take committed action towards your goals in alignment with your values and what’s most important to you.
Interested? Attend a 2-hour information session in April to learn more!
Word of the day:Defuse: to remove, reduce or lessen
* Information in this post is taken from https://www.ymcacalgary.org/ymind/ on April 1, 2021.