COVID-19 daily new cases numbers have been increasing for the past couple of weeks.
The Alberta government has decided to move back to Step 1 restrictions to protect the health system and reduce the spread of the virus.
Effective 11:59 pm on April 6:
- Retail services and shopping malls must limit customer capacity to 15% of fire code occupancy (not including staff) or a minimum of 5 customers.
- All Calgary Public Library locationswill be temporarily closed.
- All entertainment businesses and entities must remain closed
- Facilities used for indoor recreation may open only for individual or household one-on-one fitness training and youth group physical activities.
- Wedding receptions, funeral receptions and trade shows are not permitted.
- Hotels, motels, hunting and fishing lodges may remain open, but must follow restrictions – no spas, pools or in-person dining (room services only).
Effective at noon on Friday, April 9, restaurants, pubs, bars, lounges and cafes will be restricted to providing only:
- curbside pickup
- outdoor patio dining service
Step 1 restrictions will remain in place until further notice.
*The information provided in this update is from the Alberta government’s official website: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx