The government of Alberta has planned out the provincial vaccination program and stages.
- Visit https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx#phases to check out the phases and learn when it is your turn to get vaccinated!
Starting April 7, Phase 2B starts to accept bookings from everyone eligible in this phase. Albertans eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccines during Phase 2B include:
- cancer patients
- transplant recipients
- individuals with disabilities and dementia
- individuals with other conditions that put them at higher risk of severe outcomes from COVID-19.
Starting April 7, Albertans eligible in Phase 2B born in 2005 or earlier will be able to book an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in one of the three following ways:
- from a participating pharmacy
- by booking online
- by calling 811 (you may be put on hold for long wait times)
Have concerns? Learn about vaccine safety here: https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx#safety
* Information in this article is based on Alberta government’s official website on April 7, 2021: https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx#phases