Do you wonder what’s happening with your recyclables in Calgary?
- Over 80% of your blue bin materials are sorted and recycled.
- Contamination happens when the wrong items are put into the wrong bins. This can create serious challenges at the sorting facility.
- Your recyclables get turned into all sorts of things!
- By recycling and composting, we have reduced black cart garbage by 50% in Calgary.
Click here to check out more recycling facts in Calgary!
- Making sure your recyclables get recycled
- Where do recyclables end up
- What recyclables get turned into
- Environmental benefits of recycling
- Value of recycling for Calgary
- What you can do to recycle right
Calgarians, keep up the good work! Before you go, don’t forget to follow our article series –
The City of Calgary has a residential recycling and disposal search tool.
- Check out the “What Goes Where” list here: https://www.calgary.ca/uep/wrs/what-goes-where/a-to-z-listing.html#P
*Information in this post is taken from the official website of the City of Calgary https://www.calgary.ca/uep/wrs/recycling-information/residential-services/blue-cart-recycling/recycle-facts.html on April 8, 2021