The government of Alberta has planned out the provincial vaccination program and stages.
- Visit https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx#phases to check out the phases and learn when it is your turn to get vaccinated!
Starting April 12, we have entered Phase 2C. Albertans eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccines as of April 12 include:
- Physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dentists and all other health care professionals and their office or support staff who provide in-person, direct patient care.
- Individuals working in patient care facilities or providing services directly to clients in the community for Alberta Health Services, Covenant Health, Alberta Precision Labs, DynaLife, and students undertaking placement practicums in clinical areas.
- Healthcare workers on First Nation reserves and Metis Settlements.
See the full list of eligible healthcare workers as of April 12.
Word of the Day:Undertake: to take on, to commit oneself to
Learn about vaccine safety here: https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx#safety
* Information in this article is based on Alberta government’s official website on April 12, 2021: COVID-19 vaccine program | Alberta.ca