Good news! On April 15, 2021, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Canada’s Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) announced a plan to prioritize 1,500 caregiver applications by June 30, 2021, and 6,000 by the end of 2021.
As part of this plan, IRCC will help reunite more caregivers with their loved ones by
- finalizing permanent resident applications for up to 6,000 caregivers who have completed their in-Canada work experience and their immediate family members by December 31, 2021;
- making at least 1,500 first-stage decisions on applications for the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilots by June 30, 2021;
- increasing the digitization of caregiver applications; and
- ensuring all applicants receive acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letters by May 31, 2021.
“With today’s announcement, we’re getting caregiver immigration back on track which will help reunite front-line heroes with their loved ones.”– The Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC)
* Information in this article is taken IRCC’s official news release on April 15, 2021: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/04/minister-mendicino-launches-plan-to-accelerate-caregiver-application-processing.html