Welcome to today’s Residential Recycling & Disposal Info for Newcomers!
It’s spring cleaning time! Got these items from your garage?
- Gardening items: garden hoses; trays, pots, soil, etc.
- Outdoor furniture: lawn chairs, side tables, etc.
- Chemicals and motor oil
Put these items in the right place!
- Old garden hoses belong to your black cart as garbage.
- Chemicals, motor oil and propane tanks should be taken to a designated fire station or City landfill for safe disposal.
- Plastic bedding trays and pots should be rinsed out and put in your blue cart for recycling.
- Extra soil goes into your green cart.
- Broken patio furniture: smaller items like lawn chairs, stools and side tables go to your black cart. Take unusable bulky furniture to a City landfill. Landfill charges will apply.
Word of the Day:Patio: a paved outdoor area next to a house.
Learn about different carts here:
The City of Calgary has a residential recycling and disposal search tool. Check out the “What Goes Where” list here: https://www.calgary.ca/uep/wrs/what-goes-where/a-to-z-listing.html#P