As a newcomer to Canada, you may not choose to buy a car right away, but don’t let that stop you from enjoying the beautiful natural views that Alberta has to offer. In this post, let’s talk about ways to go to Banff from Calgary and navigate the Banff area by public transit.
Visiting Banff without a Car
- RTB Tours & Shuttles: RTB Tours & Shuttles provides friendly and accommodating shuttle service from Calgary and YYC Calgary International Airport to Banff. Depart from the airport at 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. daily. Airport reservations must be made 24 hours in advance. Fares start at $42.80 for a one-$81.33 round trip per person. RTB Tours & Shuttles is the only company currently operating a scheduled service to Banff and Canmore from downtown Calgary and from the airport.
- Other Ways to Travel – Carpooling Sharing a ride with friends and family from Calgary to Banff is a great way to save money. You can also check Carpool World to find other travellers and locals looking to carpool from Calgary to Banff. Stay safe when using online car pool services like Carpool World.
Getting around the Banff area:
Banff local routes
- Roam Route 1: Sulphur Mountain
- Roam Route 2: Tunnel Mountain
- Roam Route 4: Cave and Basin
- Roam Route 6: Lake Minnewanka
Banff regional routes
- Roam Route 8X: Lake Louise Express
- Roam Route 8S: Lake Louise Scenic
- Roam Route 9: Johnston Canyon
- Roam Route 10: Moraine Lake Express
More information about Banff local and regional routes: https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/ab/banff/visit/parkbus/banff
Learn more about Roam Public Transit routes, fares, scheduling and health and safety measures: https://roamtransit.com/