The government of Alberta has planned out the provincial vaccination program and stages.
- Visit https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx#phases to check out the phases and learn when it is your turn to get vaccinated!
Starting from 8 am on April 30, the following Albertans will be eligible to book a COVID-19 vaccine:
- frontline police
- Alberta sheriffs
- CBSA staff
- those who provide or receive care in facilities including frontline disability workers
- those who provide mental health/addiction treatment, pediatric group care or other licensed supportive living.
- designated family and support people of individuals in long term care
- designated supportive living and licensed supportive living facilities
- caregivers caring for children 11 and under who have an eligible chronic condition but were unable to receive vaccine due to age
- household contacts of profoundly immunocompromised individuals
Phase 2D includes Albertans born 1957 to 1971 (turning 50 to 64) and First Nations, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) persons born 1972 to 1986 (turning 35 to 49), no matter where they live.
To prepare for this next wave of eligible Albertans, the AHS online tool will be unavailable tomorrow from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
Have concerns? Learn about vaccine safety here: https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx#safety
* Information in this article is based on Alberta Health Services official website on April 29, 2021: COVID-19 Immunization Booking | Alberta Health Services