What should you do if you’ve found a lost cat or dog?
- To help reunite a lost pet with its owner, please turn lost cats or dogs found within Calgary city limits to the City of Calgary Animal Services.
- If the cat or dog is found outside of city limits, turn it to The Calgary Humane Society. They also accept exotic animals (birds, reptiles, etc.).
- If both Animal Services and Humane Society are closed, you may turn a lost pet to one of the vet clinics.
What should you if you’ve lost your cat or dog?
- Call 311 or 403-268-2489 (outside Calgary) and file a Lost Animal Report.
- Check if your pet has been brought to the City of Calgary Animal Services
- Download the Pets mobile app so you can keep checking in.
- Visit the Animal Services Centre to view the impounded cats and dogs. (It’s easier to identify your pet in person instead of photos.)
Word of the Day:Impound: to shut up in…, to confine
* Information in this update is taken from City of Calgary’s website on May 11, 2021: