Join the Employment in Challenging Times webinar and learn why maintaining a healthy mindset is important.
- Date: Thursday, May 20th, 2021
- When: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Where: Virtual. Register here: Employment in Challenging Times Tickets, Thu, 20 May 2021 at 9:00 AM | Eventbrite
Sessions and Panellists:
Stress Management and Healthy Coping: The importance of staying well
- Karen Gallagher-Burt, Director Community Engagement with the Canadian Mental Association, Alberta
- Karen’s portfolio includes Communications, Fund Development and Community Events. She has a Graduate degree in Social Work and has spent her career focused on children and families at risk, crisis intervention, mental health and wellbeing.
No Leader Is an Island – Leaving a Legacy of Mentorship
- Brian Knowler, CEO and Lead Trainer, Knowler Consulting, Ontario
- Brian is a veteran police officer, retired lawyer, speaker, and author involved in the justice system since 1994. He is a professional speaker, offering training on various aspects of mental health and leadership and has published two books about his experiences with trauma and leadership.
Laughter Yoga or How to Escape from Zoom Fatigue
- Dr. Raman Gill, Mindset and Performance Mentor, Leap4Growth, Alberta
- Dr. Gill is an award-winning Professor, a mindset and transformation mentor specializing in performance and growth. Her passion comes from being a survivor of brain trauma who crossed many hurdles in the journey of life. She is a promoter of mental health, a certified master’s life coach, and a certified teacher.
This event is organized byL
- Edmonton Region Immigrant Employment Council (ERIEC)
- Calgary Region Immigrant Employment Council (CRIEC)
- RBC Meeting Place
Word of the Day:Intervention: action taken to improve a situation