The Alberta government has recently announced the following:
- Most K-12 students will return to in-person learning starting May 25.
- Students in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, who will return May 31.
Students and staff will continue to follow all health measures in schools even if they are fully or partially vaccinated, including:
- wearing masks,
- staying home when sick, and
- following isolation and quarantine requirements.
Rapid testing may also be offered at schools in Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Lethbridge and Grande Prairie (and other communities as directed by Alberta Health) as an additional preventative measure.
* Information in this post is taken from Alberta government’s news release dated May 19, 2021: K-12 students return to classrooms in all but one region | alberta.ca
More information about K-12 learning during COVID-19: https://www.alberta.ca/k-12-learning-during-covid-19.aspx
Word of the Day:Preventative: designed to prevent illness from occurring