Alberta will launch its first drive-through vaccination clinic in early June, to help improve vaccine access for people in northeast Calgary.
The new clinic is one of the initiatives to help increase vaccination rates in the northeast, along with targeted clinics for businesses with large workforces in the area, and temporary clinics run jointly with community primary care providers.
Alberta Health Services is working with the community to finalize a location for the drive-through clinic next week.
COVID-19 can be accessed in the following places in the northeast:
- The Genesis Centre and an AHS site at Northgate Village Mall;
- 35 nearby pharmacies and selected physicians’ offices;
- Expanded vaccination space and stations in the Genesis Centre clinic;
- Community-specific clinics;
- A clinic for the Ismaili community (to come in mid-June).
* Information in this post is taken from the Alberta government’s website on May 27, 2021.