You can now use the new interactive map to check out Alberta’s COVID-19 vaccine coverage? The following information is updated for local geographical areas:
- percentage of individuals with one dose
- percentage of fully immunized individuals
- total number of doses administered
Here is a screenshot. Click on it and you will be directed to Alberta government’s website to view the interactive map:
You can also check out COVID-19 statistics at one glance, numbers of total cases and new cases, healthcare capacity, adverse events after vaccination, etc.
Vaccination data are up-to-date as of end of day May 26, 2021
- 2,615,747 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Alberta
- 50.4 percent of population has received at least one dose
- 8.1 percent of population fully vaccinated
“If your 1st dose appointment is weeks away, look for an earlier one with AHS or a participating pharmacy. Please cancel your old appointment if you find one sooner. We are also looking to reach Albertans in areas with lower uptake to help get more people protected.” — Dr. Hinshaw’s COVID-19 update on May 28, 2021.
Word (or Phrase) of the Day:Adverse Event: an undesired harmful effect from a drug or vaccine