E-Scooters are come back to Calgary for the summer beginning this weekend!
Two companies have been awarded a permit to operate:
To help alleviate sidewalk congestion, e-Scooters are now permitted on roadways with lower volumes of traffic, such as 13 Ave S.W. You can ride shared e-Scooters on the bicycle lanes, pathways, and empty roadways and sidewalks.
Where can you ride this year?
- Bicycle lanes and pathways (recommended choice)
- Quiet roads with lower volume of traffic
- Temporary adaptive lanes
- Quiet sidewalks
You are not allowed to ride on busy roads like Macleod Trail and please avoid busy sidewalks with lots pedestrians. As a rule, please do not interfere with pedestrians or traffic while riding a shared e-Scooter.
Another important reminder is e-Scooters are NOT cleaned after every use. When riding, each rider must follow the public health guidelines outline by Alberta Health Services (AHS):
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after each e-Scooter ride
- Wipe down the e-Scooter with a pre-moistened disinfectant wipe before and after use. Please bring your own wipes.
- Avoid touching your face when using a shared e-Scooter.
Have fun and explore Calgary safely! Visit calgary.ca/ScooterShare to learn all about the e-Scooter program this year.
Word of the day:Volume: an amount or quantity of something