In the fall of 2020, the City of Calgary and the Calgary Downtown Association launched the Downtown Ambassador program as a way to connect Calgarians and visitors to resources, services and supports, while providing a friendly presence along Stephen Avenue and within the nine blocks that surround City Hall.
“Downtown is for everyone and we’re here to make sure that people from all walks of life feel welcome, safe and supported,”
said Tabitha Pruden, Downtown Ambassador Supervisor for the Calgary Downtown Association.
Downtown Ambassadors wear many hats including
- helping Calgarians and visitors navigate the city centre,
- buildings ties with local businesses and neighbouring organizations,
- providing a welcoming presence for people spending time downtown, and
- making connections and being a resource to vulnerable people by connecting them to services and supports.
Downtown Ambassadors are out on the streets Monday-Saturday between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m., and Sundays between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. You’ll be able to recognize the ambassadors by the red jackets they wear.
Want to get in touch with our Downtown Ambassadors?
- Email: email@example.com
- Call (403) 215-1567, Monday-Saturday between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m., and Sundays between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Learn more about Downtown Ambassadors here: https://newsroom.calgary.ca/downtown-ambassadors-make-downtown-welcoming-for-all/