On June 10, Alberta begins Stage 2 of the Open for Summer Plan.
The target for Stage 2 is:
- two weeks after 60% of Albertans 12+ (born in 2009 or earlier) have received at least one dose
- hospitalizations are below 500 and declining.
Changes in public health restrictions as we enter Stage 2 include:
- Up to 20 people for outdoor social gatherings with distancing. Indoor social gatherings are still not permitted.
- Gyms and fitness studios – open for solo and drop-in activities and indoor fitness classes with 3-metre distancing
- Restaurants can have up to 6 people per table max, indoors or outdoors
- Personal and wellness services can resume walk-in service
- Funeral and wedding services – up to 20 people, indoors and outdoors. Receptions are permitted outdoors only.
- Youth activities (day camps, overnight camps, play centres) – resume with restrictions
- Youth and adult sports – resume with no restrictions, indoors and outdoors
- Work from home order is lifted but still recommended
- Distancing and masking requirements remain in effect.
* Information in this post is based on the Alberta government’s official website: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx on June 10, 2021.