Many people have no side effects or only mild side effects after receiving COVID-19 vaccines. Rarely do serious adverse events or unusual side effects occur, but if you unfortunately do, call Health Link at 811 report, and know that there are support and resources available.
The pan-Canadian Vaccine Injury Support Program (VISP) ensures that all people in Canada who have experienced a serious and permanent injury as a result of receiving a Health Canada authorized vaccine, administered in Canada on or after December 8, 2020, have fair and timely access to financial support.
For those vaccinated in Québec, they will receive coverage from a different program: Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
All eligibility criteria have to be met to submit a successful claim:
- Claimants must have received a Health Canada authorized vaccine and the vaccine was administered in Canada. (Check out: Health Canada authorized COVID-19 Vaccines)
- Date of vaccination was on or after December 8, 2020.
- Claims can be filed within three years after the date of vaccination, date of death or date when an injury first becomes apparent.
- Injury is reported to health care provider.
- The injury is serious and permanent or has resulted in death.
More details on eligibility and to file a claim with Vaccine Injury Support Program (VISP), visit: https://vaccineinjurysupport.ca/en
Word of the Day:Coverage: the amount of protection especially given by an insurance policy