Everyone born in 2009 or before (turning 12+) can get their first and second doses now. Check out the eligibility criteria below:
- If you are an Albertan born in 2009 or earlier, please get your first shot as soon as possible.
- Many pharmacies have walk-in availability for first doses.
- Those who received a first dose of AstraZeneca vaccine may choose to be immunized with either the AstraZeneca vaccine or one of the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer or Moderna) for their second dose. Book your 2nd dose 8 weeks after your first dose!
- Those who received a first dose of an mRNA vaccine may receive their second dose with either mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna). Book your 2nd dose 4 weeks after your first dose!
- Two doses of any of the COVID-19 vaccines available in Alberta is considered a complete, safe and protective vaccine series.
- You must book an appointment to receive your second dose.
Book an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in one of the three following ways:
Other useful information:
- What You Need to Know about the 2nd Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine
- Can Visitors Get COVID-19 Vaccine in Alberta?
- Care After Receiving COVID-19 Vaccine