As of July 5 at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, international students who meet both of the following two conditions may be exempt from quarantine requirements:
- meet the requirements for fully vaccinated travellers to Canada
- have a valid study permit to attend an approved designated learning institution (DLI)
- Who is considered fully vaccinated for travel to Canada? Visit: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#determine-fully
- Do I meet the requirements to be exempt from quarantine here? Visit: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start
- Is my DLI has an approved COVID-19 plan and is allowed to welcome international students? Visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/approved-dli.html
A Government of Canada official will make the final decision based on the information you provide when entering Canada.
Note: Restrictions to commercial and private passenger flights from India to Canada remain in effect until July 21, 2021.