A new transit operations centre has been opened in Banff.
The Roam Transit Operations & Training Centre houses:
- administrative offices,
- a state-of-the-art driver training simulator,
- indoor and covered storage for 32 buses
- an environmentally responsible wash area and charging stations for the electric buses.
The facility has net zero carbon emissions, is fully powered by solar panels, and is heated entirely by the new biomass energy district heating system.
3 new battery electric buses have rolled into service for popular destinations in Banff, including
The new centre is a combined effort of:
- Roam Public Transit
- the Government of Alberta
- the towns of Banff and Canmore
- Improvement District 9 (Lake Louise)
Word of the Day:To house: to provide space for…
More information: News Releases • Banff, AB • CivicEngage