The City of Calgary has partnered with Waze, a free, two-way data-sharing mobile app that allows citizens to instantly share traffic and road condition information with the City’s Traffic Management Centre (TMC).
Use Wave to find out about the following along your route:
- traffic jams
Waze works on smartphones and tablets that support GPS.
When Calgary Waze users report a stalled car, accident or lane closure, TMC staff can respond in real-time with measures such as adjusting traffic signals and advising motorists, who can then change their route and avoid the delay:
- Know when to leave based on live traffic updates.
- Avoid traffic, police, hazards and more.
- Save time with instant route changes.
Download the Waze app here: https://www.waze.com/apps and follow the simple steps below to set it up:
- Grant location permission to the app.
- Read through and agree with the end user license agreement.
- Create your own account and set up your Home & Work addresses (optional).
- Type in a location, choose where you want to park and start the navigation.
- The hands-free feature enables you to update the map by reporting traffic, police, crash, hazard, etc. as you go.
Word of the Day:Stalled: stopped
More information about the collaboration: https://www.calgary.ca/transportation/roads/traffic/traffic-management/waze-traffic-information-sharing-mobile-app.html