In today’s “English Idioms for Newcomers“, let’s take a look at this expression: In the Thick of…
What does “in the thick of…” mean?
- In the most intense part of …
- In the most active part of …
- When deeply involved in …
How to use it?
- Add a particular activity or situation after “of”.
- Simply add “it” after “of”.
- She fainted from fear in the thick of the battle.
- He’s in the thick of it at work right now, so he decides to skip lunch again.
Before you go, check out our English Learning tips articles!
Immigrant Services Calgary offers online language assessment services and referrals for clients in the Calgary area and Southern Alberta. Want to get in touch with one of our newcomer language specialists? Answer a couple of questions to help us know you better! Feel free to chat with us online if you have any questions.