Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) refers to a range of conditions. Each person with ASD is unique and the term “spectrum” refers to the wide variation in strengths and challenges reflected among those with the disorder.
Living with ASD does not necessarily mean one cannot succeed in finding meaningful and sustainable paid employment. The EmploymentWorks Virtual Program offered by the Centre for Autism Services Alberta is a 6-month virtual employment preparedness course for autistic Canadians ages 15 to 64.
What you will get from the EmploymentWorks Virtual Program?
- Online employment readiness training with expert instructors
- 60 hours of guided learning, application and practice, plus three months of follow-up support from an employment coach as well as participant engagement activities
- Virtual job sampling via highly interactive job simulations
- Free access to thousands of LinkedIn Learning courses and videos
- Barrier-free! No travel, no geographic limitations!
Enrollment for this program is ongoing. Check out the eligibility requirements and apply here: https://centreforautism.ab.ca/program/ew-virtual/
The Centre for Autism Services Alberta is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of children, teens and young adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Learn more about this organization here: https://centreforautism.ab.ca/about-us/
Word of the Day:Spectrum: a wide range