Earlier in June, the Alberta government announced that Albertans in social services and the private sector who provided critical services to Albertans would receive a one-time Critical Worker Benefit.
Good news! The deadline for this benefit has been extended to August 31. Eligible private sector employers now have more time to apply on behalf of workers as they focus on reopening their businesses.
Private sector workers eligible for this phase of the benefit include:
- Truck drivers
- Farm workers
- Security guards
- Funeral workers
- Employees at quick service and dine in restaurants
- Taxi and limousine drivers
To be eligible, private sector workers must:
- have worked a minimum of 300 hours during the period of October 12, 2020, to January 31, 2021
- be making $25 per hour or less
- be located and working in Alberta
- have not yet received the Critical Worker Benefit
Some jobs and types of work are not eligible. For complete eligibility details, please visit https://www.alberta.ca/critical-worker-benefit.aspx
More information: https://www.alberta.ca/critical-worker-benefit.aspx