The Alberta Government will make some changes to bring COVID measures in line with other respiratory viruses while keeping strong measures in place to protect Albertans.
Starting Jul. 29, quarantine
- will not be universally required for close contacts
- may still be required in some high risk settings or outbreak management.
On Aug 16, masking
- for transit/taxis/rideshares will be lifted.
- may still be required in acute/continuing care facilities.
- in schools will not be required but will be recommended.
- guidance will be finalized and released to support return to school.
Starting Aug. 16,
- isolation won’t be universally required if you test positive, except in some high-risk settings.
- testing will continue to be important but AHS will no longer recommend testing for mild symptoms.
Testing will continue to be available at assessment centres until August 31. After August 31, testing will be available in hospitals and physicians’ clinics to inform treatment or high-risk outbreaks.
Word of the Day:Respiratory: relating to the act or process of breathing
Please visit http://alberta.ca/covid for information on all upcoming changes.