The Calgary Board of Education has recently announced that modified calendar schools will start for the first day on Tuesday, August 17. Mandatory masking will remain in place for all staff and students. Students riding yellow buses will also need to wear masks.
In addition, the following health measures will be in place on August 17:
- Use the daily checklist to identify if students should attend or stay home
- Staying home when sick
- Proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of high traffic/touch areas
- Enhanced ventilation in schools
- Classroom cohorts in kindergarten to Grade 6
- No visitors, volunteers or external partners in schools at the start of the school year
Some health restrictions will be lifted. Check out this link for more details: https://cbe.ab.ca/about-us/school-culture-and-environment/health-and-wellness-in-school/Pages/coronavirus.aspx
Alberta Education will release an update soon regarding expectations for COVID-19 health measures in its 2021-22 school year plan. The CBE will review the update and communicate any adjustments to all staff and families prior to Sept. 1.
Word of the Day:Ventilation: means of providing fresh air